Wednesday, October 24, 2007

San Diego Wildfire

So I was lucky enough not to be included in the evacuations or the lost or damaged homes.

I want to help. I feel bad that I cannot help. I would be more than a hindrance to the many people who are able to help. Not being able to stand long amounts of time, or even sit for that matter, without extreme amounts of pain, doesn’t afford me the opportunity to volunteer.

Also, as I am on disability and funds are tight, donating money is not an option either.

So this is what I have done. I went through my home and found stuff we do not use, or did not need, and dropped it off to a shelter. In fact, as stated before, I will be an aunt in February. I have been collecting baby items for the arrival for of my nephew. I donated them to a shelter that had babies with mothers and fathers who had tired arms.

Do I feel like I’ve done enough? No. Do I feel like I have helped that one family? Yes. That’s all it takes. Helping one family.

My son went with me and he jumped out of the car and ran a teddy bear over to a baby who got a big smile on her face and hugged the bear tightly. I feel good that he was able to help.

PLEASE DONATE:

RED CROSS: Donate Form

SALVATION ARMY: Salvation Donate Online

No comments: